Are you Accounting & Finance Graduate and seeking for the best laptop for an accountant to run the accounting software like Peachtree, quick book, etc smoothly.
Today, I have brought you the list of best laptop for accounting students in 2019.
According to the type of career that one chooses, it must assume a certain type of challenges, so in these times with the technology of means, it is necessary to do it with a PC or laptop to face any type of situation or that is coupled to the Lifestyle.
If you wanna shine in your professional life, then you have to pick the appropriate laptop specially designed for accounting and finance software.
What is Best Laptop For Accounting Students 2019
You need a laptop that is comfortable enough to carry and has enough flexibility to quickly handle large amounts of calculations & data storage.
Keep in mind that you also want to avoid waiting for minutes for each compute command that you insert into your spreadsheet: Minimal fragments can add up to several hours of overtime spent on a job.
To find a laptop like this…
You must know the precise specs that will allow your software to work in the best possible way.
You also need a proper design to make your work-space as comfortable and productive as possible (a good keyboard, the right screen, a long battery life) and so on.
Also Read: Best Laptops For Programming & Coding
the range of laptops offered by many different manufacturers is very diverse so that consumers are often unsure which devices should best be selected. With this Buyer’s Guide, we want to support you in the selection.
Here we go into certain features and recommended properties, which you should check when buying a notebook necessarily.
without wasting your time, Let’s check the comparison table & an overview of the 9 best laptops for the students of Accounting with all the advantages and disadvantages.
Top Quality | 5-Star Rating | Affordable Price
|Laptop Name||Screen Size (in)||CPU||RAM||Price $$|
|Dell XPS 13 9630 (Editor's Choice)||13.3||Core i5-8250 3.1 GHz||8 GB of DDR3|
|ASUS ZenBook||13.3||2.2GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7||16 GB|
|Acer Aspire E15 E5-575||14||3.4GHz Intel Core i5-8250U||8 GB of DDR4|
|Apple MacBook Pro||13.3||Intel Quad-Core i5-8250U||8 GB of DDR4|
|HP Spectre x360||13.3||2.5 GHz Intel Core i7||8 GB of DDR3|
|Lenovo Flex||14||Intel Core i5 7200U||8 GB|
|ASUS P2540UA-AB51||15.6||7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz),||8 GB of DDR4|
|MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US||15.6||Quad Core i7-7700HQ||8 GB of DDR4|
Best Laptop For Accounting Students 2019 | Reviews
1. Dell XPS 13 9630 Best Laptop for Accountant (Editor’s Choice)
- Screen Size: 13.3-inch
- Resolution: QHD+ (3200 x 1800) InfinityEdge Touch
- CPU: 7th Gen Core i5-8250 3.1 GHz
- Graphics: Intel HD
- RAM: 8 GB of DDR3
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Weight: 2.7 lbs
- Battery: 6 Cell | 11 Hours
Dell returns this year with the “champagne” version of its Dell XPS 13 touchscreen launched. An ultrabook that had caught our eye in its fine design and its screen (almost) without edge. Beyond its color, the new edition is especially now equipped with an Intel Kaby Lake processor. Let’s see what she has in her belly!
- If the black and silver dress was already going like a glove, the new “set” black and champagne golden Dell XPS 13 befits him to delight! Some blame this version it’s somewhat ostentatious or even bling-bling side. As far as we are concerned, this is not the case.
- The finish appears to us as worthy of an Apple model. Aluminum is still of such good quality, the pieces of carbon fiber and magnesium come, for their part, nicely enhance the whole.
- The ultraportable Texan is 2 cm thick for 30.4 cm long and 20 cm wide, almost the size of a standard A4 paper sheet.
- It weighs only 2.7 pounds despite its aluminum case.
- The transition is all found to address the features of the display. This version embeds a touch screen IPS type, with an image definition of 3200 by 1800 pixels.
- It is equipped with his Intel i5 processor of 3.1 GHz, it is even possible to run accounting Softwares & heavy ERP smoothly.
- Its 8 GB of RAM, and has storage disk of 256 GB, to store heavy amount of data .
- we find the excellent keyboard with separate keys and backlit (two intensities to choose) on which to enter text per kilometer is really very nice.
- The touchpad, it has no equal and offers very good sensations of gliding. Among the scrolling or zoom functions integrated into the driver is an option that limits the movements of sliders or involuntary clicks, often caused by the touch of the surface of this touchpad by the palms of the hand.
- that Dell has kept the charge indicator light, convenient to know the status of the battery without having to turn on the machine.
- Dell has indeed increased the capacity of its battery from 56 to 60 Wh, and this also allows the machine to have a little more breath.
- The layout of the connector remains the same with, on the right side, a USB 3.0 full format and an SD card reader and on the left side, in order, a USB Type-C compatible Thunderbolt 3, another USB 3.0 and a combo audio jack (stereo output/microphone input).
- The wireless connectivity includes the; Wifi, bluetooth
- Screen Size: 14-inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U
- Graphics: 2GB Nvidia GeForce MX150
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Battery: 50 Wh
Experience the elegance and sophistication of the ASUS Zenbook UX430UA Notebook PC ! Compact, slim and lightweight, it offers a high level of comfort and excellent performance thanks to its 14-inch Full HD display and high-performance components.
Also Read: Best Laptops For Graphic Designing
- A design that combines sobriety and efficiency. We thus find the circular brushed aluminum frame of the most beautiful effect and which is now part of the visual identity of the brand in recent years.
- It offers timeless elegance with a profile of only 15.9 mm. The use of an aluminum alloy on many areas of the chassis makes it possible to reach a weight of 1.3 kg.
- Its slim design is complemented by an elegant design, with a unique finish of swirling metal and concentric circles of Zen inspiration at the flapper.
- The ASUS Zenbook UX430UA notebook PC offers excellent performance and fast operation thanks to its Intel Core i5-8250U processor (Quad-Core 1.6 GHz / 3.4 GHz Turbo – 6 MB Cache) , 8GB DDR4 memory and 256GB M.2 SATA SSD can run any type of Accounting softwares and store your data securely.
- It has 14 “anti-glare screen with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080) and wide viewing angles.
- Enjoy stunning colors with ASUS Splendid technology for a better entertainment experience and improved working comfort. This technology also offers additional features including the Eye Care mode , which reduces blue light by up to 30% to reduce eye strain.
- The ASUS Zenbook UX430 Notebook PC is equipped with a user- friendly backlit keyboard. In addition, its flat keys with a stroke of 1.4 mm provide a comfortable typing.
- The keyboard is very nice, the keys have a short stroke, but a good resistance. The particularity of the PC is, however, the presence of NumPad, already present on the Vivobook S14 recently tested in our columns. The interest is to bring up a highlighted keypad in the trackpad.
- With up to 9 hours of battery life, this notebook offers long-term use.
- Sound has always been one of the strong points of the ZenBook family. Co-developed by the ASUS Golden Ear and Harman Kardon team, ASUS SonicMaster uses powerful audio hardware and finely tuned software to deliver the best sound on a laptop. The unique blend of quality components and intelligently developed software gives the ZenBook UX430 high-quality sound quality.
- Integrated fingerprint reader for secure access.
- It offers a USB Type-C port, a USB 3.0 port, a USB 2.0 port, an HDMI and a microSD card reader in addition to the usual combo jack.
- High performance wireless connection with Wi-Fi AC and Bluetooth 4.1 technologies
- Generation: 7th
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7100U 2.4GHz
- Resolution: 1920 × 1080
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- RAM: 4 GB of DDR4
- Hard Drive: 1TB 5400RPM HDD
- Graphics Card: GeForce MX150
- Optical Drive: 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Acer has treated the aesthetics of its new generation of Aspire E5 with a very sober black dress. In terms of novelties, note the metal finish that embellishes today the entire keyboard part, and the edges around the touch-pad that gives it a much more opulent appearance.
The ribbed effect of the hood adds a subtle touch of elegance to this laptop that will find its place in all environments!
Also Read: Best Laptop For Revit & Auto-Cad
- It is dark despite its matte finish that reduces glare. Let’s add that the screen borders are very thick in view of the current standards.
- For the best comfort, Acer has chosen a screen 15-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) and a graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M to provide a pleasant work area to use but also a tremendous asset benefit good graphics performance in your favorite games!
- To meet your everyday needs, the Aspire E5-575G-543V is equipped with the latest processor Kaby Lake Intel Core i5-7200U running at 3.10 GHz turbo mode, and coupled with 8 GB of DDR4 RAM. A truly perfect couple to give you a lot of fluidity, whatever your daily tasks or activities!
- On the storage side, the E5-575G-543V relies on a hard drive of 1000 GB (5400 revolutions/minute) to store all of your files and data. You do not risk falling short of space any time soon!
- The 15.6-inch full HD screen is quite ok overall. Its colors are pleasant and the angles of visibility much better than those usually found on this kind of machine.
- It has a DVD burner for those who need to perform physical backups.
- The touchpad is responsive and soft. We just had to correct the setting so that it does not interpret two-finger scrolling as a right click.
- The Acer Aspire E5-575 laptop is equipped with full connectivity: Ethernet LAN, WiFi 802.11ac and even Bluetooth for your devices.
- Finally, with its HDMI connectivity to output the TV- type widescreen display or its USB ports ( 2.0, 3.0 and 3.1 Type-C ) for your external hard drives and USB sticks, you are sure to always find an answer to your needs!
- also included SD memory card reader port.
- Screen Size: 15.4-inch
- Resolution: (2,880 x 1,800)
- CPU: 8th Gen 2.8GHz, Intel Core i7 CPU
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 560X
- RAM: 16GB of DDR4
- Storage: 2 TB
- Weight: 4.02 lbs
About: The new ultraportable Apple has all the power of its quad-core processor and lightning fast storage.
- Hard to blame the MacBook Pro for construction: Apple masters its score to perfection. We thus find the design so simple, but so unique to the brand, and the “unibody” housing made of aluminum, here with a thickness of 15 mm.
- It is equipped with an Intel Core i5-8259U processor (2.3 GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads, frequencies ranging from 2.3 to 3.8 GHz) supported by 16 GB of RAM. The computer also has a 2 TB HardDrive. A model that is logically much more efficient than the previous one.
- Apple has always looked after its screens, especially the respect of colors. The screen of the MacBook Pro 13 does not really depart from this rule, despite some obvious flaws. This is an IPS panel of 13.3 inches (33.8 cm diagonal) with a definition of 2560 x 1600 px. Although Apple does not rely on ultra-thin screen edges, the screen/facade ratio is still very high since it is 82.64%.
- In terms of mobility, it’s hard to blame the MacBook Pro 13 for being mobile. Indeed, it weighs only 1.37 kg for a thickness of 1.49 cm.
- In terms of battery life, the MacBook Pro breaks all records. During our usual test protocol (Netflix, backlight off, earphones connected and brightness set to 200 cd / m2), the computer turned off after 13 h 25 min under Safari. In comparison, the 2017 model had reached 13 h 2 min, while the MacBook Air 2018 had held 13 h 10 min. However, the MacBook Pro 2018 held 9 h 46 min for the same test done on the Chrome browser.
- The Touch Bar, running the full length of the keyboard, may seem at first glance gadget but reveals its richness in use by proposing to adopt the controls depending on the application used.
- It incorporates the Touch ID, the fingerprint reader located at the far right end. The Touch Bar is certainly not a feature that can be described as revolutionary, but it has the merit of facilitating some operations and bring more comfort to the user
- Apple has made the simplest by including four ports USB Type-C ThunderBolt 3 accompanied by a headphone port. Apple has been relying on USB Type-C for many years. Although this choice initially gave rise to many questions, the port quickly became more and more common, to the point that it is no longer an exception today.
- Generation: –
- Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
- Resolution: 2560 x 1440
- Screen Size: 13.3-inch Touch
- RAM: 8 GB DDR3
- Hard Drive: 256 GB SSD
- Graphics Card: Intel HD Graphics 520
- Optical Drive: No
- Weight: 3.33 Ibs
The Specter x360 has always been synonymous with luxury ultraportable in the HP range. in the year 2019, the builder came back with a new model, slightly redesigned. A computer always technically well mastered.
Nevertheless, the competition has evolved recently, offering more and more innovative features. With this Specter x360 in version 2019, HP seems to rest on its laurels in terms of design, even if it is technically flawless.
Also Read: Best Laptop For Nursing Students
- The frame, always in aluminum, presents some small aesthetic retouches.
- The golden slices and the platinum body give a luxury aspect, bling-bling limit , some details seem to come out of another age, like this screen with extremely wide edges.
- It is equipped with an Intel Core i5-8265U processor (base frequency at 1.6 GHz, 4 cores, 8 threads) supported by 8 GB of RAM. Our test model has a 256 GB SSD storage.
- The HP Specter x360 gives us a beautiful 13.3 “Full HD screen, colorful and well contrasted. If it does not offer the same qualities as the Microsoft Surface Pro, often recognized as a pearl in the field, it remains nevertheless in the top of the basket.
- Featuring the latest generation of Intel Core i7-8850U and 8GB of RAM, the Specter x360 provides unsurprisingly great performance in-office use. Used for typing text on Libre Office, a few spreadsheets in Excel and viewing Full HD videos, the ultrabook has not shown any sign of breathlessness during our test. Office enthusiasts will appreciate the device on this type of terrain.
- The laptop delivers a balanced sound, much more than we usually hear on ultraportables.
- The headphone jack delivers excellent results. Note here a very powerful plug that can even connect a powerful hi-fi monitoring headphones.
- It has a microphone / headphone 3.5 mm, 2 Thunderbolt 3 compatible USB 3.1 ports, HDMI & VGA etc
6. Lenovo Flex 14 Best 2 in 1 Laptop for Accounting
- Screen Size: 14-inch Touch
- Resolution: HD 1920×1080
- CPU: Intel Core i5 7200U
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Weight: 3.81 lbs
- Battery: lithium polymer
With Lenovo Flex we lose the full turn of the screen, since it can only be shot down to 300 degrees . We can not use it as a tablet to use, but in Lenovo seem convinced that a portable mode and another "stand", with the keyboard upside down as a support, are more than enough.
Also Read: Best Budget Laptop For Photoshop
- The design is mainly plastic with soft polished aluminum surfaces on the palm rest, matt rubberized on the outer lid and bottom and a glossy plastic for the inside bezel of the display.
- The design has a great look and feels, especially for a laptop under $ 500, although the lustrous interior bezel seems to be implemented in a great way.
- The 21.6 mm thick Flex 14 does not meet the Ultrabook specifications, but it’s still easy to confuse it with one due to its elegant appearance.
- Its allows a strong grip to its maximum angle of 300º with negligible vibrations during the typing. Users can use the Atril mode or Store mode
- Inside we find the beast: in this case a fourth-generation Intel Core i5 4310U processor (Haswell), with 2 GHz 1,600 MHz and 3MB of L3 cache, which literally makes this machine fly. Accompany this processor 8 GB of DDR 3 RAM at 1600 MHz and a new generation integrated CPU in the processor itself, the Intel HD Graphics 4400.
- It does not go unnoticed with its 14-inch HD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixels and 16: 9 multitouch format with recognition of up to 10 fingers.
- Its dual philosophy with the so-called “Stand” mode, as opposed to the usual “Laptop” mode, which is activated when the Lenovo Flex 2, which is able to rotate 300 degrees on its own axis, rotates your keyboard completely.
- Can be used as a giant tablet to use, can rely on a table and serve as a portable multimedia center, can help us with the most complicated accounting entries.
- we can connect a wireless keyboard and remote control.
- Speaking of features of tablets and smartphones, we have very varied wireless connectivity : Lenovo BGN Wireless, Intel AC 3160 dual wireless network, and Bluetooth 4.0.
- It has 3 x USB, HDMI and other required ports.
- The Flex 14 includes a WLAN card semi-minium PCIe 2×2 (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) Intel 7260 that reaches up to 867 Mbps with integrated Bluetooth 4.0
7. HP Pavilion 15 Touchscreen Laptop for Accountants
- Generation: 8th
- Processor: Intel 8th Gen i5+8300H
- Resolution: 1920 × 1080
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- RAM: 8 GB of DDR4
- Hard Drive: 1 TB HDD
- Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti
- Optical Drive: 8X dual layer DVD-RW
- A laptop that combines an elegant and sophisticated design with great thinness that makes it highly portable.
- we found a compact and lightweight laptop to be 15.6 inches, something that shows its dimensions of 361.6 x 241.6 x 17.9 mm and a weight of 1.89 kg. Its design is far from that of the gaming models, because it is much soberer and elegant, although attractive and well finished on its chassis of anodized aluminum by sandblasting.
- Built on a 15.6-inch Full HD screen, it combines the Intel Core i7-8565U processor with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Max-Q graphics to power it, keeping temperatures at bay.
- The performance is great, i have tested different ERP, MIS,Accounting information System & its working smothly.
- The IPS WLED panel , offers Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels) and a really sensational image quality , with very vivid colors and a very widespread brightness throughout the panel. Note that, as usual, we have a HP Wide Vision HD webcam and a stereo microphone , which can not be missing for a video conference.
- A peculiar detail is that when you open the screen, it rests on the table and enhances the back of the base, making the keyboard slightly inclined for better ergonomics.
- The keyboard type chiclet has white LED lighting under the keys, although it does not turn on until we press any. The design of the grid on the keyboard is as strange in the image as in reality because apart from forming triangles, these have different inclinations to give a rather curious relief effect.
- It is powered by a powerful lithium-ion battery designed in a four-cell system and has a compatibility with the fast charging system, which means that in 90 minutes you can have it fully charged.
- Once charged, the computer’s battery can last up to 14 hours uninterrupted, which gives you a very large wireless freedom to use your computer wherever you go.
- It has an HP Wide Vision HD camera with a digital microphone equipped with an integrated dual matrix, to make the best communications in webcam with the best sound and the best image definition.
- It has output HDMI 1.4, connector RJ-45 for network Gigabit Ethernet, connector USB 3.1 Gen1 of Type-C connector and a jack TRRS headphone and microphone.
- Meanwhile, on the right, we find an SD card reader, a lock Kensington NanoSaver (new reduced format), 2 ports USB 3.1 Gen1 of Type-A and the power connector.
- It presents the most advanced and versatile wireless connectivity systems of the moment, from an Intel 802.11b 2 × 2 combo to the more fluid Wi-Fi system and Bluetooth 4.2 which, in turn, is compatible with Miracast.
8. ASUS P2540UA-AB51 Laptop for Quick Books
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- Resolution: 2,560 x 1,600
- CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core i5, 2.5GHz (3M Cache, up to 3.1GHz)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 6000
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 1 TB HDD
- Weight: 2.96 lbs
- Battery: 6 Cell 97WHr one
The advantage of choosing ASUS is that, as a full-fledged computer manufacturer, it dominates more components than other manufacturers, which are more assemblers than anything else. Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the reliability of this brand of computers.
Also Read: Best Laptop For Web Development
- The P2540 looks very professional with a brushed black body and a 15.6-inch anti-reflective FHD screen.
- The body is made of matte black plastics.
- With a fast 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor from 2.5 GHz to 3.1 GHz. , 8 GB of RAM and 1 TB of 5400 RPM hard disk, it is a source of productivity.
- we found that it is perfectly suited for office & home tasks.
- It provides fast running productivity programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and other MS Office applications. Other day-to-day tasks work perfectly, whether in web browsing, email, multimedia playback or even informal games (thanks to Intel HD 620 graphics).
- The 8 GB RAM size allows multiple tasks to be done comfortably and without inconvenience.
- The hard drive with 1TB capacity offers a large amount of storage space, which is sufficient for most users.
- Except for those who want to store an insane amount of mp3 files or those who collect Ultra HD videos. This computer has a built-in DVD drive.
- In terms of security features, it has an integrated TPM security chip to protect your data at a deep hardware level, in addition to a biometric fingerprint sensor to protect your files and perform the registration in an instant.
- Its battery will last a solid 9 hours and has a removable battery to change a new one if it is running low
- A flexible feature of the notebook is its removable cover for accessing system memory and the usual 2.5 “storage device for easier upgrades. The laptop has two memory slots so you can have up to 16GB of RAM memory in.
- Security is very important for business users. To improve security, the laptop has a built-in Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip, as well as a fingerprint reader that also allows quick connection to the system.
- With a total of 4 USB ports (3 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0) and HDMI and VGA video outputs.
- It also features 802.11AC Wi-Fi and Gigabit Ethernet LAN LAN, Bluetooth, an entry-level microphone / headphone jack and a multi-format media card reader.
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- Resolution: FHD eDP 1920 x 1080
- CPU: Quad Core i7-7700HQ
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4G
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 1 TB & 128 GB SSD
- Weight: 2.96 lbs
- Battery: Lithium Polymer
- With the prominent seal of the dragon, illuminated in red, there is no doubt that the 7REX system is an MSI system.
- The matt soft finish on the cover feels great with the tip of my fingers, so much that I left some unsightly traces. So, you may want to keep a microfibre cloth.
- When you open the lid, you will see the smooth cover of the black plastic, which is a good contrast to the textured base. The lid does not have a soft touch on the lid, so it does not feel as good.
- Typically for most laptops, the backlit keys are aligned in red. The power, fan, and Dragon Center button are in the top right corner of the laptop, above the keyboard.
- The device is powered by a quad-core Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor, which can be synchronized at 2.8-3.8 GHz, depending on processor load.
- For multitasking and handling accounting software, the device comes with 8 GB DDR4 RAM at 2400 MHz.
- RAM is up to 32GB with the slot unused.
- For the graphics segment, the MSI GL62M 7REX comes with a 4 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050T graphics processor running the laptop program. All games and other software with many graphics are easy to handle by the GPU.
- Laptop storage is also its complement because it comes with a combination of SSD and HDD. The device comes with 128GB of SSD and 1TB hard disk to store huge files and all other user data.
- The device comes with a 94% NTSC color gamut, which means the device is capable of reproducing very competent colors, making this laptop a great choice for editing photos. Of course, this range of better colors complements the games on the MSI GL62M 7REX, which we have experimented and liked personally.
- Blacks are pricked and the panel is bright enough even for outdoor use. I did not feel any fatigue even after I used the laptop for extended durations, which is an excellent thing to consider for gaming laptops.
- The MSI GL62M comes with a 15.6 “Full HD eDP matte screen. The device display has a 1920 x 1080-pixel resolution powered by In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology offers wide viewing angles.
- The laptop also comes with game-specific hardware, such as the ultra-thin and lightweight chassis, and cooler boost technology to limit the warmth of the laptop even at the time when subjected to intense use.
- On the right, you will find a single USB 2.0 port, an SD card reader, and a connector for the AC adapter.
- On the left, you’ll see a pair of USB 3.0 ports, a C-type, HDMI, Gigabit Ethernet, mini DisplayPort, a secure lock slot, and headphones and microphone jacks.
After putting together a rough overview of the different types of laptop above, it is now advisable that you pay attention to the detailed features.
So check in detail which properties are particularly important for you, and give priority to your individual user behavior.
Also, Read Our Detailed Laptop Buying Guide to gain some more knowledge about laptops.
The Accounting Software
The larger the display, the heavier the laptop as compared to smaller models from the same model range. Therefore, you should check in detail which screen size is suitable for you and suitable for your accounting applications.
For example, many consumers can handle a 13-inch laptop very well. This display size is especially recommended if you want to describe yourself as a professional, want to be portable on the move and also primarily surf the Internet or answer e-mails and handle you Accounting & Finance Stuff.
As another popular size, most users opt for 15-inch laptops. These are noticeably larger, but you should never forget the screen resolution of the displays. Specially equipped laptops can also have a display that measures up to 17 inches. These notebooks are usually very heavy and represent a kind of hybrid, which are often used without an additional screen unit in the desktop mode.
No, don't pick touch screen laptops for accounting purpose...
However, you can have one in addition to a laptop. A device similar to a tablet is more practical and convenient to read on the fly. I would not recommend using it even for classes that do not require Excel or any of the programs mentioned above since you have to improve with computers anyway and the more exposed you are to them, the better for your career.
Chips, which are installed in notebooks, come usually from the manufacturers Intel or also AMD. Especially the entry-level models are often equipped with chips, which are usually used in tablet computers. These do not offer such a high performance by far, whereby nevertheless you can easily ensure everyday tasks, such as writing in your office program or even surfing the internet.
On the other hand, if you want to work more effectively with your laptop and use high-performance accounting & finance software, please check the availability of a classic processor, such as the Intel i5.
The processor performance also plays a central role for different accounting applications like QuickBooks, Peachtree. Check the usage behavior and evaluate individually which software you want to start on your computer very often.
Even with a laptop, the memory should not be ignored. A unit of at least 8 GB is therefore definitely recommended today. For a more powerful laptop, you should also opt for a 16 GB DDR.
Remember, that you can often upgrade your RAM.
Accordingly, you must check in advance of the purchase decision whether you will get along well with the permanently installed memory.
If you would like to make sure that you can start the operating system particularly fast or start new programs immediately, please make sure that you use an SSD memory. This flash memory is also used on your smartphone, where you have probably gotten used to the good speed. However, such an SSD is much more expensive compared to a traditional hard drive, also known as HDD.
However, prices have plummeted in recent years, making SSD a much better alternative for you if you frequently want to access programs or stored data.
Perhaps a fairly small SSD is also worthwhile for users who have their data stored primarily in the cloud. Providers such as Google or Dropbox offer nowadays practically usable storage solutions, so that classical hard disks are no longer of much importance. Of course, this also depends on your individual user behavior.
Battery life is just as important, it makes no sense to have a lightweight and easy laptop that can not start when you need it most. Of course, there are tons available at any educational institution, but around this time almost everyone has a laptop and a cell phone.
You do not want to waste time looking for an outlet when you can complete tasks or study for the exam (if you ever find one available).
If you plan to show up to class 20 minutes early to secure a socket, think again because you will not be the only one.
A long-lasting battery will ensure that you can use your laptop when you go from work to internships and school, without having to worry about having enough battery for later.
The purpose for at least 9 hours of battery life
If you have a shorter battery life, do not perform multiple tasks while working on your projects. Listening to iTunes and running other applications will quickly consume your battery.
Use the power tool to turn them off and be sure to also adjust the brightness levels.
Due to the current development, it is always recommended that you put on a 4K display. Thus, you are well equipped for the coming years and can benefit from a detailed presentation of all content. In the field of laptops, however, this means for you that such displays are associated with high energy consumption.
Depending on the user, it is therefore not recommended that such a high-resolution panel be selected. Instead, there are still notebooks that only dissolve content in Full HD. For most applications, such as for the office or surfing, such a resolution is always sufficient.
Surf the Internet with your notebook or edit documents and a spreadsheet, so you do not have to rely on an additional graphics card. Instead, in such a case, there are technical components with an integrated graphics solution called Intel Graphics for you.
A dedicated graphics card, however, is recommended for at least you, if you prefer to use your laptop for creative programs or for playing. Otherwise, your games will be jerky or not playable.
The quality and size of the keyboard are important.
You could say that this is the most important feature of any laptop for an accountant since it will constantly write tons of data in spreadsheets and other documents.
Because spreadsheets are composed largely of numerical data, a numeric keypad is required! You will be much more efficient and faster if you avoid the numeric keys at the top and use the numeric keypad on the right.
Imagine your teacher using a series of keyboard shortcuts in Excel and stay there in the class trying to keep up with your cheap keyboard without a numeric keypad.
Needless to say, you are most likely to be discarded and unable to keep up with your colleagues and conferences.
External numeric key
Unfortunately, having a numeric keypad on the keyboard of a laptop can make the laptop much larger and this will have a charge on its portability.
Do not worry, you can always buy a numeric keypad and plug it into the USB port of your laptop.
By taking this route, you can choose a beautiful laptop lightly instead of a 14 "or 15" laptop that can be very difficult to transport (there are only a few 14 "laptops with almost 3 lbs, although a numeric keypad of the models of ASUS models).
Dedicated keys F - F1 F2
Of course, all laptops have F keys, however, for some of them you have to press Shift or Command to activate them and you must do this whenever you want an F key. The dedicated F keys skip this step and you just have to press directly to use them. This is extremely useful for quick access to very different software operations, including excel.
Since notebooks have been approved for mobile use, the manufacturers integrate a so-called touchpad, which replaces a classic mouse. However, the quality of the processing of these touchpads varies greatly from brand to brand, so you can best test them.
A good touchpad should namely be easy to use and score points with good reaction speed.
Surely you also want to connect some accessories and technical accessories with your notebook. For this, you need additional connections, such as HDMI, USB, USB Type C and a port for your 3.5 mm jack of a headphone.
Therefore, check-in advance of the selection of a laptop, which comes into question for you, that sufficient connection options are available. You may also want to use your notebook at the desk with an additional display that scores with a larger diagonal. For this, you must also pay attention to the connection.
You may also be able to add additional USB ports externally to your notebook with additional connectors, which is convenient.
Operating System (Windows, Apple or Chrome OS)
The operating system installed on the computer is another feature that should not be neglected. For example, if you have been happy with Windows for many years, there may not be a reason to try a new operating system. Windows has the advantage that in principle all applications are supported. Most laptops still come with this operating system. This is especially true for the inexpensive office notebooks, where often appropriate software is pre-installed.
Apple MacBook Pro if you want to work with Apple's Mac OS, you'll need a MacBook. Especially in comparison to Windows notebooks, Apple MacBooks beat with a significantly higher price to book. But you get well-made notebooks that are just designed for applications that use creatives.
As a good alternative compared to Windows and Mac OS, notebooks are also recommended for models equipped with Google's Google Chrome OS. These notebooks are referred to as so-called Chromebooks and are very common in America, for example.
Chromebooks are very cheap and are primarily designed for surfing the Internet and the use of the usual Google programs. So if you're already using Google Chrome, the search engine giant's office suite, or the cloud solution as a priority, a good Chromebook could be the best option for you. Also for the operation by touch, this system was well designed. Accordingly, flexible application options are available for you.
Best Laptop For Accounting Students | FAQs
What to look for in the best laptop for Quick Books
In the details above, for the best accounting laptops, we generalize the term Quickbooks.
Now, what's the QuickBooks?
It is the best software tool used by accounting students/professionals.
Wha are the minimum requirements for laptops with Quick Books -2019
- Minimum 2.4 GHz processor
- 4 GB of minimum RAM, 8 GB of RAM recommended
- DVD drive to install Quickbooks from CD (not required if you download it from the Intuit server)
- Minimum screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
- 2.5 GB of disk space (additional space required for data files)
- Wi-Fi / Ethernet for Internet access
These are the minimum requirements for the best laptop for fast books, but in most cases, they are two different variants.
- Quick books desktop: download or install them locally from the CD / DVD on our laptop.
- Quick books online: which we can access directly from the standard Internet browser like any other website.
This was all about Best Laptop For Accounting Students. An accountant must regularly cover all of their burdens, starting from the allocation of stock of inventory in the preparation of the final accounts. As it is imperative to seek the help of a perfect technical partner who can entertain us with the best ideas, accountants often have to work 24x7 during the week, so they need a laptop to keep up with that program.
In summary, we note that accountants are demanding fields every day. And for that, we must select the right tools to make things easier and more efficient.
In our article, we cover the perfect guide to help you with the best laptops for students, accounting personnel and personal use to set foot in the world of accounting. But keep in mind that each device is not for everyone. You have to select it according to your needs.
I am sure that my choice will help you decide which are the best laptops for professional students/accountants.