Surely you are one of those people who think about studying a career in Software Development Engineering, Computing or Computer Systems
It is very safe that you have come here to know what type of programming laptop to buy according to the minimum specifications, and that you don’t fail in your professional career, or you can simply be the case that you are looking for the best laptop to continue with the work of the programmer.
As we know technology has advanced tremendously in the last 20 years, and now there are a lot of laptops to choose from.
Whether users are looking for specific laptops, such as laptops for graphic designers, for games, for video editing, or the best laptops for programming, it is important to determine what is desired before buying, and not to regret it later.
If you are buying a laptop for the first time I recommend you to read our great Laptop Buying Guide.
What is a Programming Laptop
The best portable computer for programming is a particularly designed laptop with certain features that meet the minimum requirements to cover the development environment without complications.
It seems easy but it is not like that since every developer has to have a good set of tools, so to our way of seeing the best laptop for programming this 2022 has to be a machine that covers all the essentials for any developer.
There are not too many laptops or laptops dedicated exclusively to programming. For example, there are other sectors such as gamer that have more laptops specially prepared to play.
At this point, we will see that the choice of a laptop, in this case, becomes a process in which we will select the best options.
The laptop or notebook that you need to program will depend on the following criteria:
- Budget Complexities of the project in which he is involved
- Your level of programming, that is; beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Operating System (OS)
- Excessive use of some resource
- Hard disk
- Screen size
- Graphics card
Best Laptops For Programming 2022
If you are looking for the best laptop for programming, you will have to pay attention to some features. For example, the best laptops for programmers will present the best and latest processors, and you will need that extra power to compile your code efficiently.
Most modern laptops, fortunately, have high clock speeds, which makes finding the best laptop to the program is as simple as saying “hello world.”
Also Read: Best Budget Laptop For Photoshop
You will also need the fastest RAM you can get, and at least 8 GB. And, if you’re running complex code, you’ll want one of the best hard drives, maybe even one of the best SSDs, since they’ll save you time by saving or opening files and applications.
It is not so important to have a dedicated GPU, unless you are coding intensive graphics use the software. Modern Intel processors come with integrated graphics capabilities that are powerful enough for almost everything you’ll need during programming.
Top picks for coders & developers | Great Quality
|Laptop Name||Screen Size (in)||CPU||RAM||Price $$|
|Dell XPS 15-9570 (Editor's Choice)||15.6||8th Gen Core i7-8750H||32 GB|
|Asus Zenbook UX-430||14||1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U||16 GB|
|Apple MacBook Pro (Recommended)||15.4||2.8GHz, Intel Core i7 CPU||16GB of DDR4|
|Lenovo ThinkPad P1||15.6||Intel Xeon E-2176M 8th Gen||32 GB of DDR4|
|Toshiba Portege Z30-C||13.3||Core I5 6300U/ 2.4 GHz||8 GB|
|Google Pixelbook||12.3||7th Gen Intel Core i5||8 GB|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 6||12.3||5th-Generation Intel Core i5-i7||8-16GB|
|Acer Aspire 1 A114||14||N4000 Dual-Core 2.6 GHz||4 GB|
|Dell Latitude E7470||14||Intel Core i7-6600U 2.6GHZ||8 GB|
|Acer CB3-131-C3SZ||11.6||Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-Core 2.16GHz||2 GB|
Best Laptops For Programming in 2022 | Reviews
1. Dell XPS 15-9570: Best Programming Laptop (Editor’s Choice)
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- Resolution: 4K (3840 x 2160) Touch
- CPU: 8th Gen Core i7-8750H
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050Ti
- RAM: 32 GB
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Battery: 6 Cell 97WHr one
About Dell XPS:
The Dell XPS 15 9570 is a 15.6-inch laptop with dimensions that measure 21 x 12.2 inches and weighs 4 pounds. The 15.6-inch touch screen is a 4K screen with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. It has an Infinity Edge screen that offers excellent color accuracy, there is room for two entire windows.
When many compare this Laptop with the 15 “MacBook Pro, it is even more often, and many consider it as a MacBook with Windows. Well, maybe this is very exaggerated, although there are certain similarities that can make you think about it.
- The Dell XPS is equipment for everything, offering a sober and elegant design, unlike its first models that were destined to the gaming world. In fact, it would be normal for many to confuse it with a simple ultrabook. Nothing is further from reality.
- A design that can find parallels with Apple’s MacBook Pro 15, one of the most direct rivals you can find.
- It does so without being as flashy as most gaming laptops are.
- Both the lower and the screencaps are made of high-quality aluminum and achieve a high-end finish.
- We don’t find any edge that stands out over the others and the curvature to lighten the visual impact of the thickness of the equipment is very effective, but not necessary since it has extremely compact dimensions: with 357 by 235 and a thickness of 17 mm.
- The key to success lies in the InfinityEdge screen, which has an extremely small frame, in the style of high-end televisions.
- The inner part is made of very good quality plastic with a finish imitating carbon fiber, and which offers a feeling of robustness although it is somewhat susceptible to leaving traces.
- It is powered by the Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor which records a speed of 3.8 GHz, allow you work nonstop and without stuck.
- Its six-core, 12-way processing delivers extremely high-efficiency power to go.
- The processor is combined with the dedicated graphics card NVIDIA, GeForce GTX 1050Ti, enable you to run heavy programming software, graphics software and you can play high qualities games as well.
- In the touchpad, we find again similarities with the model of the apple. Although in this sense is a meritorious comparison for the XPS, since from its inception, the touch and response of the Apple touchpad have always been a reference, and in this case, the touchpad of the XPS 15 has a fantastic performance.
- The operation is excellent, logically by the power of the equipment, but also by the response and sensitivity of the panel.
- An impressive 4K touch screen , which offers an excellent image quality, together with a high energy consumption that compromises autonomy.
- It is also equipped with a 1 TB SSD hard drive with an M.2 format.
- The RAM memory is 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz.
- It is compatible with Windows 10 Home, a 64-bit operating system. The battery life is good and can last approximately 6 hours.
- It has a bandwidth of 128 bits and 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory.
- The brightness and contrast are also at a good level, and with 50% brightness, we get very good visibility. Configured to the maximum, its brightness is high but it affects sensibly to the useful life of the battery.
- This keyboard also incorporates LED backlighting in white, with the possibility of being able to turn them off by means of the F10 key or to regulate them with two intensity levels.
- If we move to the section of the audio, this has two speakers located on the front. We don’t have a subwoofer in the lower part, mainly due to a lack of space. However, we have verified that this does not prevent having a good sound quality, with very clear highs and quite serious ones.
- You can easily connect Wifi & Bluetooth for wireless streams.
- The connectivity options are adequate, with 2 USB ports seen on both sides of the laptop.
- There is a USB C port; an SD card slot; a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- One HDMI port, enough for several accessories.
- Thunderbolt 3 , with a bandwidth of up to 40 Gb / s, and that is capable of transmitting audio, video or data.
- Screen Size: 14-inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch
- CPU: 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8550U
- Graphics: 2GB Nvidia GeForce MX150
- RAM: 16 GB
- Storage: 512 GB SSD
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Battery: 50 Wh
About Asus ZenBook UX430:
Asus has unveiled the ZenBook UX430, its new slimmer, a sleeker and lighter ultraportable that has been designed to work anywhere comfortably.
Asus has unveiled the ZenBook UX430, its new slimmer, a sleeker and lighter ultraportable that has been designed to work anywhere in total comfort. The equipment has an ultra-compact format to offer a 14-inch screen with more than contained dimensions and a weight of just over a kilo.
The current unbridled routine forces us on many occasions to have to work in the most unsuspected places. For these moments there is nothing better than a laptop of small size and reduced weight that offers us the performance and performance we need, and in this regard, the new Asus ZenBook UX430 is a model to consider.
- It has an external body made mainly of aluminum, which gives it greater strength and flexibility.
- The base is made entirely of plastic, as well as the frames that hold the screen and keyboard, but that does not prevent it from looking very elegant.
- The entire computer is fairly light, weighs around 2.75 pounds and has dimensions ranging from 323 mm in length, 225 in width and height or thickness of 15.9 mm.
- Its front is 14 inches with Full HD resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels, the same that offers you bright colors with interesting contrasts.
- Not very saturated, not very light-toned, the level of lighting is well-done. You can regulate the level of brightness in a very easy way so that it can be conditioned to different light situations.
- It is composed of 7th generation Intel Core i7 and i5 processors, accompanied by up to 8 GB of DDR4 RAM and up to 512 GB of storage in an M.2 SSD. This equipment allows you to provide powerful and smooth performance to get the most out of Windows 10.
- It does not disappoint. It's pretty fast, even when you open up to more than 10 applications or programs at a time. We were able to try different apps like SketchBook, play some pre-installed games, Dota 2, among others.
- An ultraportable Asus has a 14-inch screen with full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels integrated into a chassis of a size of 13-inch equipment, which the company has achieved by reducing the frame to expand the percentage of the front dedicated to the panel.
- It incorporates Wide View technology and an anti-reflective finish to be able to see well from any angle and supports 100% of the sRGB color space that gives the images more vivid and realistic colors.
- The battery offers a range of up to 9 hours and the manufacturer promises that it has a life up to three times longer than conventional batteries.
- It incorporates a fingerprint reader on the touchpad to unlock the computer by just putting your finger across Windows Hello.
- The keyboard, which is also made of plastic, has the characteristics of having backlighting, that is, you can see the digits even when there is no light thanks to an internal reflector.
- It has double speaker almost invisible. These are located below the screen, which gives it that particular three-dimensional effect. It does not explode or feel too sharp, on the contrary, it is very well balanced.
- The ultraportable has dual WiFi 802.11ac and bluetooth 4.1, a reversible USB Type C port, a USB 3.1 port, a USB 2.0, micro-HDMI, a combined audio connector and a card reader SD.
3. Apple MacBook Pro (Recommended)
- Screen Size: 15.4-inch
- Resolution: (2,880 x 1,800 )
- CPU: 2.8GHz, Intel Core i7 CPU
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 560X
- RAM: 16GB of DDR4
- Storage: 2 TB
- Weight: 4.02 lbs
This MacBook Pro is very Great. The battery life is exceptional, its speed is rocket boosted, the keyboard works very well, and I appreciate to Apple allows the use of external graphics cards, these 4 USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 ports are finally good for something. This is an Apple laptop designed to work best for programmers.
- Apple's MacBook Pro is without a doubt one of the best in notebook finishing. The "unibody" frame, cut in a single block of aluminum, is of a sturdy robustness, the cutting is precise, can be almost too much at the edges of the wrist rest.
- In contrast, the hinge of this model 15 inches, although relatively robust, we seemed less firm than those of some models that we could have in hand.
- The closure is always magnetized, and the screen always decorated with a glass panel.
- With a weight of 4.02 Ibs, the 15-inch MacBook Pro is above-average for this type of laptop that begins to glance to the desktop replacement.
- For the finesse of its laptop: 2.41 cm thick in the center, and naturally less beveled edges still elegant.
- It has the latest generation of Intel Core i7 processors with a base speed of 2.8 GHz.
- The models are also equipped with DDR4 memories that can reach up to 32 GB.
- It's a powerful multimedia notebook I appreciate the performance of the quad-core mobile processors and discrete AMD graphics. Apple offers three different CPUs and two GPU options.
- The maximum storage doubled to 2 TB.
- The four cores have a base frequency of 2.8 GHz with a maximum Turbo Boost of 3.8 GHz
- The model does not heat up excessively, although sometimes it may have to activate the fans, which are not particularly noisy. The throttle mechanism to prevent damage due to overheating.
- I find these new keyboards with a butterfly mechanism very pleasant to the touch and very precise when writing at high speed, but I know that there are many users who prefer the previous mechanism of scissors. It also presents the keyboard backlit to help you to work in dark.
- Apple releases the coprocessor T2, which controls the encryption of the SSD disk, the Touchbar touch bar, adds support for "Oye Siri" (although the virtual assistant maintains the limitations it has on the Mac, where it can do fewer things on the phone or iPad) and, most importantly, the writing and reading of data on SSDs.
- The Touch Bar is also the Touch ID button. He is always there to identify us with his fingertip. It still works as well and is now overseen by a new chip, the Apple T2.
- The presence of 2 ports Thunderbolt 3, in USB-C format.
- Also includes 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, two USB 3.0 ports, an HDMI port, an audio in, out port, and an SDXC card slot.
4. Lenovo ThinkPad P1 Best for Travellers
- Screen Size: 15.6-inch
- Resolution: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160 Touch
- CPU: Intel Xeon E-2176M 8th Gen
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro P2000
- RAM: 32 GB upgradable to 64GB
- Storage: 2 TB
- Weight: 4 lbs
About Lenovo ThinkPad:
If you are traveling a bit and need to have your laptop with you constantly, then the problem is already known to you. This laptop weighs on the shoulder, which leaves a strong pain making the computer impossible to forget. You may have even cursed him already! But, Lenovo seems to have finally thought of you.
Lenovo is alone in the field of machines equipped with Xeon. It is based on either an eighth-generation Intel Core i5 / i7 / i9 or a dual Xeon 6-core processor, all accompanied by up to 64 GB of DDR4-2667 RAM and up to 4 TB of RAM. storage.
For the graphical aspect, the most advanced models will be entitled to an Nvidia Quadro P1000 or P2000 GPU, while the entry-level models will have a more basic GPU.
- It puts a lot on the design since for a model of 15.6 inches, the P1 can boast of being thin (17.8 mm) and rather light (1.7 kg). Fully dressed in black, the computer is also equipped with a fingerprint reader for security.
- The design of the device is neat enough to feel the identity of the sink pad.
- The black carbon fiber and magnesium alloy have been used for its frame to enhance the durability
- It offers the most advanced 15.6-inch IPS LCD with 4K Ultra-HD (3840 × 2160 pixels) resolution, 400 nits brightness, and 100% coverage of the AdobeRGB color gamut, which is capable of delivering the hard work that requires hardware performance to its users.
- The 4K display option features such as 400 nits of brightness, 100% Adobe color gamut, and 10-bit color depth. This makes the display option suitable for creative professionals such as photographers and visual designers.
- Storage options are available for up to 2TB and memory options up to 64GB DDR4 RAM
- The ThinkPad P1 is equipped with a carbon fiber chassis, and the manufacturer ensures that the laptop is resistant to cold, heat, humidity, dust, mushrooms, shocks, in short, difficult conditions.
- The Thinkpad P1 is 35% thinner than the thinnest Notebook already offered by the brand.
- It has an HD webcam and microphone, which can be used for video conferencing, taking photos and videos for the web, and an IR camera for face recognition login. Here, a display bumper is installed on the whole frame to prevent the breakage of the panel in advance.
- The 4-in-1 SD card reader, Thunderbolt 3, USB-A, HDMI 2.0, mini Gigabit Ethernet inputs, combo audio jack and smart card reader are equipped with an infrared camera and high-resolution webcam.
- Screen Size: 13.3-inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080)
- CPU: Core I5 6300U/ 2.4 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 GB SSD
- Weight: 1.9 lbs
- Battery: 6 Cell 97WHr one
About Toshiba Portege:
Ultra-thin, lightweight and exquisite design, the high-performance Portege Z30-A is specially developed for professionals and is designed to handle things. With a long battery life for Ultrabook, full-size ports, and an Intel Core processor, it helps you work all day long.
The Laptop comes with high-end security and manageability technologies in conjunction with its ultra-durable chassis, protecting your data.
- With its lightweight yet powerful magnesium case, Portege Z30-A is designed for mobile use.
- Ultra-lightweight 1.2 kg with an initial weight and a high level of durability, it best accompanies you on your business trips.
- The ultra-durable laptop is designed to handle the challenges of professional life and to meet Toshiba's quality standards.
- The Portege Z30-A has all the power to perform multiple tasks on the go or in the office with the Intel Core processor up to i7.
- It also offers a high-performance internal SSD with a higher speed and a shorter response time from the second of your boot up to the minute you shut down.
- No features are compromised, so you can easily run all your business applications.
- You can work for up to 12 hours on a single charge, even without extended battery life. If you're outside and you're under direct sunlight, you won't see glare in the HD screen, which prevents 33.8 cm (13.3") of reflection due to LED backlighting.
- Toshiba is constantly improving its models to help meet more of your business needs. That's why we added metal supports, silent cooling and better speakers to make the Z30 more durable and user-friendly.
- With the HD display and advanced backlit keyboard, the Z30-A is easier to view and navigate with a larger Accupoint and touchpad.
- It has passed the highly accelerated HALT (Highly Accelerated Lifestyle Test) evaluation for 3 years of using simulation.
- The independent German test institute TUV Rheinland applied a drop test of up to 76 cm in this Portege product and carried out a liquid leak test up to 30 ml on the keyboard. Therefore, even when you accidentally spill your drink, you have time to close and protect your data.
- It is sold with security and management features installed for the job. Self-encrypting drives and Trusted Platform Module (TPM) are available to protect critical data in your local storage. Even if your Z30-A needs to update, the IT department can do this at any time using Intel Active Management Technology (AMT).
- The standard fingerprint reader makes it easy to log on to your computer and makes it secure.
- It is equipped with mobile flexibility and you don't need special adapters because all ports are full size. Using the latest three USB 3.0 ports, you can transfer data to other devices more quickly.
- With HDMI, you can share your presentations in high-definition brightness.
- Gigabit LAN provides fast access to your local network, while LTE support gives you the freedom to work wirelessly. So you can be more efficient everywhere.
- Connect to your peripherals with an optional docking station solution suitable for other models in Toshiba's latest business product is fast and easy.
- Screen Size: 12.3-inch 360° touchscreen
- Resolution: FHD (2400 x 1600)
- CPU: 7th Gen Intel Core i5
- Graphics: HD615
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Weight: 2.45 lbs
- Battery: 1 Lithium Polymer | 12 Hours
About Google Pixel:
The Google Pixelbook has become one of the stars of the Google event. The slim design, outstanding elegance, and the device is already considered the Macbook killer . So, what makes Google Pixelbook so special? Let's look at the features of the device.
- Google Pixelbook didn't go far beyond traditional laptop models at the design point. however, it still gets power from the focal point provided by Pixel phones in terms of design lines, and the back of the device's screen looks almost like a Pixel mobile phone.
- The front of the Pixelbook is covered with a plastic silicone pad, allowing you to comfortably relax your wrists during typing.
- when you switch the device to different folding modes, it offers a very tight grip.
- The notebook is only 10 mm thick and weighs 0.997 kilograms . Together with the device, Pixel Pen , a brand new smart pen, was introduced.
- What is surprising is the 128GB standard memory option. Devices with the Chrome operating system usually offer 16GB of storage, because they are designed with the z cloud storage 16 feature in the foreground. Therefore, there was no need for much storage space. moreover, the 128GB is only available at the entry-level. There are also other options up to 512GB.
- It has 12.3-inch QaudHD (1.440p) display with a 3: 2 aspect ratio , featuring a premium tablet and computer.
- Google Pixelbook operating system uses Chrome OS.
- It is able to run Android applications and access the Google Play Store.
- It has hinges to open 360 degree so that it can turn quickly table
- Google, along with the new laptop computer, the Pixelbook Pen, the name of the special stylus also brought out. The Pixelbook Pen, which has a similar function to Wacom pens, only has a 10 ms delay. Pressure sensitivity and angle support are also features of the pen. The pen will also work with Google Assistant for quotes. The Pixelbook Pen is powered by AAA batteries.
- It has 2 USB-C ports and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Screen Size: 12.3-inch
- Resolution: FHD ( 2880 x 1800)
- CPU: 5th-Generation Intel Core i5-i7
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 128 GB
- Weight: 4 lbs
- Battery: |13.5 hours
- It offers a 2-in-1 machine, which consists of a 12.3-inch (31.2 cm) tablet with a stand, and a keyboard to attach to the terminal with a clip magnetic.
- Its magnesium frame and foot allowing the tablet to tilt up to 150 °.
- It has abandoned the Surface Touch, flat key keyboard from several models, for the benefit of Type Cover keyboard that is close to a classic chiclet.
- The screen of the Surface Pro 4 was already excellent; we find the IPS panel of 12.3 inches (31.2 cm) of a definition of 2736 x 1824 px with, peculiarity to the machine, its 3: 2 format.
- The screen displays a very good contrast ratio of 1340: 1, as does the maximum brightness at 435 cd / m². In colorimetry, the result displayed is excellent.
- The RAM can go from 4 to 16 GB and the disk space (in SSD) varies between 128 GB or 1 TB according to the configurations. Our test model is equipped with 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD.
- It delivers a very good performance: its index is 123, making it one of the most powerful ultraportables on the market.
- It is thus at the forefront of the best machines on the market in terms of office automation and ensures a constant fluidity. A user will be able to venture in advanced office, Programming, light video editing or photo editing without fear of seeing his machine struggling.
- Microsoft promises up to 13.5 hours of video playback. The reality is however very different since in our usual test conditions (Netflix under Chrome, brightness set to 200 cd / m², earphones connected and backlight off), the Surface held 5 hours 56.
- The speakers of Surface Pro 2017 are mediocre, offering a little pleasant sound to the ear
- It is equipped with a USB 3.0 port, a microSD card reader, a proprietary power port (the famous Surface Connect), a 3.5 mm jack and a mini Display Port
8. Acer Aspire 1 A114- Cheap
- Screen Size: 14-inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080)
- CPU: N4000 Dual-Core 2.6 GHz
- Graphics: AMD E2-7110
- RAM: 4 GB
- Storage: 64 GB
- Weight: 3.64 lbs
- Battery: 2-cell Li-Ion Battery (4810 mAh |
The ultraportable of the new Acer Aspire 1 range is the perfect compromise between office use and multimedia use. The Acer Aspire A114-31-C6FA incorporates a 14 '' HD (matte) screen, delivering dazzling color images. Tilt 180 °, it adapts to all situations with its weight of only 1.65 Kg and 17.35 mm thick.
- In its sleek chassis, the Acer Aspire 1 boasts clean lines featuring a 14 "HD matte panel using Acer ComfyView technology.
- For ease of use, the screen is tilted 180 °. Its screen offers images of excellent quality.
- The Acer BluelightShield system protects your eyes by filtering blue light from the screen for more comfortable use and for longer.
- For easy transport, the Acer Aspire 1 is 17.95 mm thick and weighs 1.65 kg . The design of the black chassis has a cross-brushed finish that invites you to touch.
- Enjoy an extremely powerful Intel Celeron N4000 processor.
- It saves time with its integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 graphics card to enjoy an independent memory ideal for downloading your software.
- A 32 GB eMMC- free mechanical storage unit is installed on the Acer Aspire 1 for ultra-fast access to all your data and applications.
- You'll be amazed by the speed of all your tasks with the 4GB of DDR3 RAM that comes with the Intel processor.
- Its features high-performance, energy-efficient technology with a two-core Intel Celeron N3350 processor (1.1 GHz / 2.4 GHz Burst) and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM. It is perfect for everyday use of all your applications!
- To store your data, the Acer Aspire 1 offers ultra-fast access without mechanical storage space, a 32 GB eMMC storage unit. You will love the attractive design of its black chassis with a brushed finish that invites you to touch.
- Thanks to the QWERTY keyboard of chiclet type, each spaced button gives you a real comfort of use. Elegant and comfortable, the chiclet keyboard is characterized by its rounded corners. A more precise and wider Touchpad is present on the Aspire 1 to improve your everyday experience: scroller a web page, enlarge, use an office tool.
- This Intel processor offers performance as high as a desktop PC. Ideal for office and multimedia use Internet browsing, word processing, and HD video playback.
- For a more powerful and reliable internet connection, it integrates the 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless network and Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology . To meet your needs in any situation, it also has a complete connectivity including many USB 2.0 / 3.0 ports. In addition, its autonomy can reach up to 9:00 to allow you to work easily over a long period.
9. Dell Latitude E7470 Business Ultrabook Budget
- Screen Size: 14-inch
- Resolution: FHD (1920 x 1080)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-6600U 2.6GHZ
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050Ti
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256 GB
- Weight: 5.65 lbs
- Battery: 10 hours
- In terms of design, the main strength of the Dell Latitude is its solidity.
- Nothing moves if it is subjected to pressure, even at the level of the lid (the most fragile element on a laptop).
- The assembly is excellent as well as the finishes and Dell innovates with a matte carbon look on the cover very elegant.
- Its fineness is also a force with 19.4 mm thickness even if its weight could have been better contained (1.7 kg).
- Performance side, the claims remain basic with the support of a Core i5 Skylake supported by 8 GB of RAM.
- This duo is enough for running common tasks (Web browsing, Office suite, video playback) and supports multitasking without a hitch.
- Not only does its extended definition Quad HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) offer a high density of display, to enjoy your content in (High) High Definition in the best conditions and to increase the characters and details without losing clarity, but it is especially sublimated by its "Edge to Edge" design with refined borders.
- The Laptop is reinforced by the panoramic viewing angles and the faithful colorimetry of the IPS panel.
- The glass surface Gorilla Glass promotes its resistance to shocks but its very bright surface reflects the ambient light, preventing any outdoor use.
- The good surprise is the preferred storage solution, a dedicated 256 GB SSD. It provides excellent system responsiveness and much faster transfer rates than a standard hard drive.
- The 256GB capacity is not ridiculous and allocates just under 200GB of storage after installing Windows and programs.
- There is an SD card reader (fast transfers), two video outputs (HDMI, mini-DisplayPort) and three USB 3.0 ports.
- For data transfer, the latest generations of Wifi module AC and Bluetooth 4.1 are also on the menu.
10. Acer CB3-131-C3SZ Cheapest
- Screen Size: 11.6-inch
- Resolution: HD (1366 x 768)
- CPU: Intel Celeron N2840 Dual-Core 2.16GHz
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics
- RAM: 2 GB
- Storage: 16 GB
- Weight: 2.43 lbs
- Battery: 3Cell Li-Polymer Battery
(3220 mAh), Up to 9-hours
This is one of the cheapest on the market. It seems an ideal choice for anyone who wants to taste Chrome OS without risking big. But what is it really? Is the game worth the candle?
- The design of the Acer 11 is very square. Its edges are almost at right angles and it gives the impression of being sturdy and firm rather than other laptops that like to look slim and thin.
- The outer shell is a beautiful midnight blue color, while the interior is more classically black. Only the top is textured aluminum, the rest is plastic.
- The keyboard does not have a numeric keypad (normal for a computer of this size) and the trackpad centered below provides a nice working width.
- In terms of performance, I don't feel like working with a computer. Daily use is generally fluid or very fluid. There is a very slight reaction time when one makes an alt-tab to switch between two applications, and small jerks when asked to display all the windows; that's all I've seen and it's not penalizing.
- I really like the keyboard and the trackpad. From this point of view, we are not far from the sensation that we can have when we use an Apple laptop.
- The angles of view are not very good but it should not be a problem because an 11-inch screen is not made to be viewed by more than one or two people at the same time.
- The laptop features an Intel Celeron N2840 processor , 4 GB of RAM , 16 GB of storage in eMMc (slower than an SSD) and an 11.6-inch display with a resolution of 1366 × 768 pixels . The latter is surmounted by a webcam 720p a priori HDR.
- The sound produced by the device is correct but nothing more. The speakers are facing down and out, which avoids a bit to the sound of being choked. On a flat surface, the sound is good enough to watch videos and listen to some music but it is with a headset that you will have the best sound, as often.
- Typing on this keyboard is comfortable and you can write long programming codes without worry. In addition, you can let your wrists rest on the sides of the touchpad to avoid unnecessary muscular effort.
- The Acer 11 offers an excellent battery life of 10 hours, which allows to leave the charger at home without the slightest worry.
- It has an HDMI port, a USB 3.0 port, and an SD card reader. On the other side, we have a security lock slot, a USB 2.0 port, a headphone jack.
- There is a charger in the box with a decent cable size.
We know very well that whenever people are looking to buy a new piece of a computer, whether it is a device (tablets, cell phones) or PC, they must know what specifications and features they want in it. This includes a processor, RAM, storage, ports, and many other things.
In the area of "Programming," there is a great variety of very important things when choosing our laptop. For example, there are many different programming languages that programmers use to code, so it is important to buy a laptop that can run IDEs, virtual machines, install a local server, and even run the code in real-time, for example. example if it is for the development of games, or to create applications, etc.
Below are some important things to keep in mind when someone is looking for the best portable equipment for programming.
Screen Size Resolution Display
Smaller displays, for example in a 13-inch range, are easier to transport and, in general, lighter. On the other hand, there are also users who spend more time at home or in an office, so they can survive with screens larger than 17 inches.
- If you plan to work with the laptop moving from one place to another, it is recommended 13 inches.
- If you plan to work from home or office, it is recommended 17 inches.
Type of Display
The type of screen or 'display' is also very important to consider when choosing our laptop to the program since visual fatigue is a real problem and programmers spend an enormous amount of time with the view very close to the screen. Ophthalmologists or eye doctors recommend looking away from the screen every 20 minutes, but many people forget this point or are too busy in their work to do so.
We must also bear in mind that many laptop manufacturers try to sell expensive screens with 4k resolution, but these are usually not necessary for the work of a programmer who will be especially dedicated to the code, a laptop with at least a 1080p screen, should enough for work. In case you require something higher than what is indicated, it remains of you as a client.
Memory or RAM
Although the processor is a very important factor, another factor that we should not ignore is the RAM.
The RAM in a computer is what allows the execution of many applications and programs at the same time, when the RAM is not considered well, the slowness of a laptop can suffer considerably.
Programmers need about 8 GB of RAM. This can very well handle code editors, a browser, local servers, etc. relatively quickly and without problems.
In another article, we will talk exclusively about laptops for graphics and processing designers, where it is recommended to have more RAM, in a range of 12GB to 16GB.
Many people when they buy a laptop, never think about the type of disk to use for storage, if choosing between a hard disk (HDD) or solid-state drives (SSD), instead the programmers do. Both have their pros and cons, so users should make sure to weigh their options when deciding.
Hard drives are usually much slower than solid-state drives, but they also tend to have much more storage. Solid-state drives are much faster, but these laptops are usually more expensive and don't have as much storage to store photos, videos, or other files that we have to think about storing.
Ideally, the best portable computer for programming would have a solid-state drive and 1 TB of storage, but this is usually very expensive and not all have that kind of budget.
In general, if a user searches for a lot of storage and average speed, hard disks are better (HDD), but if the user searches for an extremely fast laptop and can sacrifice that storage space, the solid state drives (SSDs) could be the best choice.
The use of a processor is vital in the life of a laptop because as expected, the processors in the programming laptops are crucial. Regardless of what users do with their programming laptops, they will require a processor powerful enough to support their work.
Also Read: 10 Best Laptop For Nursing Students
In Quemarcade we suggest the use of Intel and AMD, however, we recommend a little more to Intel because it has been a power for processors for many years. Despite being more expensive, the Intel i7 processor is excellent for programming.
If in this case, you are using applications and games that consume a lot of resources, the Intel i7 processor is probably the best option. Most programmers can generally also choose an Intel i5 processor, without problems. But as we mentioned before, an i7 processor gives more possibilities to work without problems.
If what you want is a laptop that meets all the functionalities for a programmer, it is not necessary to look for a modern graphics card, unless you have thought of using it for games.
But if that is not the case, then it would be enough to use the card that the laptops bring integrated, without doubt, would be the best option, and is cheaper than a dedicated graphics card. This will allow users to save a bit of the budget allocated for the laptop.
In laptops for programmers or developers, the duration is important, especially for independent professionals and those who work remotely. The people who are going to acquire this laptop should look for a laptop that gives a minimum of six hours of battery life.
Before buying a laptop for programmers, it is important to make sure that the keyboard is comfortable. Since many people don't even consider how "delicate" and "sensitive" a keyboard is, but developers have to do it. People who work at night also find a backlit keyboard useful.
In general, all programmers spend most of their time on their computers. The invention of laptops was excellent for this group of people because they can work from anywhere and can travel and continue working. Comfort and comfort here are very important.
We can not leave behind the operating system, it is very important to mention it too. We know very well that the operating systems most used today are: Microsoft Windows and macOS and Linux.
But on the other hand, we have the MacS that tend to be much more expensive; However, Apple's developers need to work on them. For example, to run the code is often used Xcode that is not available in Windows, although it can be emulated, it is not entirely feasible, so if you write software for iOS or MacOS, it is preferable to use an Apple laptop. Apple laptops are also very popular among developers.
As mentioned, Linux systems can also be used for programming and are mainly useful for developers working with Ruby on Rails, Python and PHP, or even to run local servers, since a large part of web hosting occupies Linux.
Best Laptops For Programming | FAQs
What is Display response times
Display response times show how quickly the screen can change from one color to the next. Slow response times can lead to persistent images around moving objects or blurry displays. Particularly fans of frenetic 3D games should use a screen with fast response times.
Well, this was all about the best laptop for programming. I hope you like my in-depth & researched-based guide. Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment below.