University lectures require portable, powerful, lightweight devices that can replace laptops. Here are some of the best tablets for university lecturers. These devices can be used to prepare presentations, take notes, write and answer emails, and even video conference.
As a lecturer, there are minimum recommended features you should look for in a tablet: first, performance. These devices should have at least 3 GB of RAM. This allows them to run multiple applications in the background without crashing or freezing. They also have a quad-core processor with a minimum of 2 GHz. This allows applications to run faster and improves application responsiveness.
As for the screen, the minimum resolution of these devices is 1920 x 1080 pixels. This provides crisp and sharp graphics. You will enjoy better detail, higher contrast ratios, and color accuracy. For productivity, these tables should have a minimum screen size of 9 inches. This size allows comfortable use for typing and presentations.
Keyboard support allows for quick scribbling of notes, comments, and ideas. Both of these tablets are compatible with wireless Bluetooth keyboards. Physically attached to the keyboard, the tablet can be used like a regular laptop.
Long battery life for tablets used in course management eliminates the need to carry around charging cables. These devices can run on battery power for a minimum of 8 hours. This is when used moderately at 50% brightness. They can be used for an entire day without the need for recharging.
Other factors are also taken into account. These include large storage capacity, excellent cameras, light weight, and even better design and build. Our list of the best tablets for instructors includes the pros and cons as well as key specifications and features.
Best Tablets for Lecturers | Comparison Table 2023
Table of Contents
Top Quality | 5-Star Pick | Great Prices
|2022 Apple iPad Air (10.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) - Starlight (5th Generation)||Apple||Check Price|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (256 GB, Intel Core i5)(Windows 10 Professional 64 bit) (Renewed)||Microsoft||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A8 10.5” 32GB Android Tablet w/LCD Screen, Long Lasting Battery, Kids Content, Smart Switch, Expandable Memory, SM-X200NZSAXAR, Silver, Amazon Exclusive||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|2021 Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (Wi‑Fi, 128GB) - Silver||Apple||Check Price|
|Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13" Touchscreen - Intel® Evo Platform Core™ i5-8GB Memory - 256GB SSD - Device Only - Platinum (Latest Model)||Microsoft||Check Price|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019, WiFi Only) 32GB, 5100mAh Battery, Dual Speaker, SM-T290, International Model (Black)||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|Lenovo - Tab P11 Plus - Tablet - 11" 2K Display - MediaTek Octa-Core Processor - 4GB Memory - 128GB Storage - Dolby Atmos - Android 11 - Bluetooth & Wi-Fi - Long Battery Life||Lenovo||Check Price|
|SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab S6 Lite 10.4" 64GB WiFi Android Tablet w/ S Pen Included, Slim Metal Design, Crystal Clear Display, Dual Speakers, Long Lasting Battery, SM-P610NZBAXAR, Angora Blue||SAMSUNG||Check Price|
|LG G Pad 5 10.1-inch (1920x1200) 4GB LTE Unlocked Tablet, Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 2.34GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB Storage, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Sensor, Android 9.0 w/Mazepoly Stylus Pen||LG||Check Price|
Best Tablets for Lecturers | 2023 Products Overview
The 2023 Apple iPad Air (10.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) – Starlight (5th Generation) is a sleek and powerful tablet that offers a range of impressive features and capabilities. With its stunning 10.9-inch Liquid Retina display, this iPad offers a vivid and immersive viewing experience, complete with True Tone technology, P3 wide color gamut, and an anti-reflective coating that makes it easy to use in any lighting condition.
At the heart of the iPad Air is the Apple M1 chip with Neural Engine, which delivers incredible performance and power efficiency. This chip is designed to handle even the most demanding apps and tasks with ease, from photo and video editing to gaming and multitasking.
The iPad Air also features a 12MP Wide camera that captures stunning photos and videos, with support for 4K video recording and advanced features like Smart HDR and cinematic video stabilization. Additionally, there’s a 12MP Ultra Wide front camera with Center Stage that automatically keeps you in the frame during video calls and FaceTime chats.
Storage options on the iPad Air range from 64GB to 256GB, giving you plenty of space to store your favorite apps, games, and media. And with support for stereo landscape speakers, the iPad Air delivers powerful, immersive audio that brings your content to life.
For added security and convenience, the iPad Air features Touch ID for secure authentication and Apple Pay. And with all-day battery life, you can stay productive and entertained for hours on end.
Finally, the iPad Air is 5G capable, providing lightning-fast connectivity that lets you stream, download, and upload content at incredible speeds. Overall, the 2023 Apple iPad Air (10.9-inch, Wi-Fi, 64GB) – Starlight (5th Generation) is an exceptional tablet that offers top-of-the-line features, performance, and versatility. Whether you’re using it for work, play, or anything in between, this iPad delivers a truly outstanding experience.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (256 GB, Intel Core i5) is a versatile tablet that combines the power of a laptop with the convenience of a tablet. This particular device is a renewed product that has undergone a rigorous refurbishing process to ensure that it looks and functions like new. It comes with a minimum 90-day warranty and all relevant accessories, except for the Pen, in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar are authorized to offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
Under the hood, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is powered by a 4th generation Intel Core i5-4300U processor that clocks in at 1.90 GHz. It also comes equipped with Turbo Boost Technology, which can boost the clock speed up to 2.9 GHz when necessary. The processor is complemented by Intel HD Graphics 4400, which provides decent graphics performance for light gaming and multimedia consumption.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 features a 12-inch display with a resolution of 2160 x 1440 pixels, which delivers clear and vivid visuals. The tablet also comes equipped with two cameras - a 5-megapixel front-facing camera and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera - that are capable of recording 1080p HD video. Additionally, the tablet features built-in front- and rear-facing microphones and stereo speakers with Dolby Audio-enhanced sound, which provide excellent audio quality for video conferencing, music, and movies.
One of the standout features of the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is its 256GB solid-state drive (SSD), which provides ample storage for your files and programs. The SSD also makes the tablet faster and more responsive than traditional hard drives, so you can multitask and switch between apps without any lag.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 runs on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, which is a stable and user-friendly operating system. The tablet also comes with a variety of connectivity options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, and a microSD card reader. The tablet also has a full-sized USB 3.0 port, which allows you to connect to external devices such as printers, external hard drives, and more.
Overall, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 (256 GB, Intel Core i5) is a versatile and powerful tablet that is ideal for professionals, students, and anyone who needs a portable device that can handle productivity tasks and multimedia consumption.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 is a versatile Android tablet that provides the perfect combination of power, storage, and convenience for your family's digital lifestyle. With its 10.5-inch LCD screen, this tablet offers a stunning display that makes streaming, video chatting, and browsing the internet an enjoyable experience for everyone.
The tablet is equipped with an upgraded chipset, providing the power and speed that your family needs. The tablet also comes with 32GB of storage, with the option to expand up to 128GB, giving you plenty of room to store all your files, photos, videos, and games. The long-lasting battery ensures you can go unplugged for hours, so you can keep the family fun going without interruptions.
The tablet features a fast charging USB-C port that quickly restores the battery to 100%, ensuring you can continue using the tablet without having to worry about running out of power. The battery life may vary depending on usage patterns, network environment, and other factors.
The Galaxy Tab A8 is part of the Samsung Galaxy ecosystem experience, which provides a seamless experience across all your devices, including your phone, laptop, and tablet. The tablet also comes with Galaxy connectivity that automatically syncs everything from to-do lists to schoolwork, making it easy to access your notes from your phone, tablet, or watch.
Parents can also enjoy peace of mind knowing that their children can access safe and fun games, books, and videos through Samsung Kids. The tablet also features Smart Switch, which makes it easy to transfer your data and favorite files in just three easy steps, no matter what operating system you're using.
In conclusion, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 is an excellent tablet that provides a stunning display, a long-lasting battery, expandable storage, and powerful performance. With its convenient features and easy-to-use interface, it is an ideal tablet for families who want to stay connected and entertained on the go.
The 2021 Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (Wi‑Fi, 128GB) in Silver is a highly advanced tablet that has been designed to offer users the next-level performance they need for both personal and professional use. At the heart of this device is the powerful Apple M1 chip, which delivers the incredible speed and responsiveness, making it perfect for running demanding applications or multitasking.
One of the standout features of the iPad Pro is its stunning 11-inch Liquid Retina display, which boasts ProMotion technology for silky smooth scrolling and True Tone and P3 wide color support for an incredibly immersive viewing experience. Whether you're streaming movies, playing games, or working on creative projects, this display will offer you the clarity and detail you need to achieve your goals.
The TrueDepth camera system of the iPad Pro includes an Ultra Wide front camera that comes with Center Stage, an innovative feature that automatically keeps you in the frame during video calls even if you move around. Additionally, there is a 12MP Wide camera and a 10MP Ultra Wide camera on the back, which can capture stunning photos and videos. The device also includes a LiDAR Scanner, which makes it perfect for immersive AR experiences.
The iPad Pro comes with ultrafast Wi-Fi connectivity that allows you to stay connected wherever you go, as well as an all-day battery life that ensures you can work, play, or create for hours on end. The Thunderbolt port is another impressive feature of the device, which enables you to connect to fast external storage, displays, and docks with ease.
For secure authentication and Apple Pay, the iPad Pro features Face ID, which utilizes facial recognition technology to ensure that only you can access your device. The four-speaker audio and five studio-quality microphones also make this device perfect for entertainment and communication, whether you're listening to music, watching videos, or holding a video conference.
Finally, the iPad Pro supports Apple Pencil (2nd generation), Magic Keyboard, and Smart Keyboard Folio, which makes it perfect for those who want to use the device for drawing, note-taking, or typing. All in all, the 2021 Apple 11-inch iPad Pro (Wi‑Fi, 128GB) in Silver is a highly capable tablet that offers users an incredible range of features and functionality.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is a versatile device that combines the power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet. With its 13" touchscreen and iconic built-in Kickstand, this device can be used at any angle, making it perfect for both work and play. It comes with an Intel® Evo Platform Core™ i5 processor, 8GB of memory, and a 256GB SSD, ensuring lightning-fast performance, reliable storage, and smooth multitasking.
Windows 11 is the latest operating system that comes pre-installed on the Surface Pro 8. It provides a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient. With Windows 11, you can access all of your favorite apps and content in one place, making it the one-stop shop for everything you love. The new start menu, centered taskbar, and snap layouts feature allow you to personalize your desktop and organize your workspaces with ease.
The Surface Pro 8 is the first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform. It provides exceptional performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC. With Intel's latest processor technology, you can do it all with ease, whether it's video editing, gaming, or streaming your favorite content.
The Surface Pro 8 comes with the latest Surface Slim Pen 2, which provides a natural and smooth writing experience, like pen on paper. It's rechargeable and securely stored in the Surface Pro Signature Keyboard, which also doubles as a sleek and compact laptop keyboard, complete with a full-function row and backlit keys. This keyboard attaches magnetically to the Surface Pro 8, making it easy to switch between laptop and tablet modes.
Finally, the Surface Pro 8 is the perfect device for anyone who needs to access Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. You can purchase Microsoft 365 separately, ensuring that you have access to all the tools you need for your personal or business needs.
Overall, the Microsoft Surface Pro 8 is an excellent device for anyone who needs a powerful, flexible, and versatile device that can handle any task thrown it's way. With its cutting-edge hardware and software, it's the perfect device for anyone who values performance, productivity, and style.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019) is a sleek and lightweight tablet that offers a convenient mobile computing experience for users. With its 8.0-inch TFT display, this tablet delivers a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels (WXGA) and a 16M color depth that provides vivid and clear visuals for browsing the web, watching videos, or playing games. The tablet has a long-lasting 5100mAh battery that provides ample power for extended use and can last for hours on a single charge.
The tablet is equipped with a Qualcomm SDM429 Snapdragon 429 processor with a quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 that delivers fast and efficient performance, allowing users to multitask and run applications smoothly. The tablet comes with 2GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage, which can be expanded up to 512GB using a microSD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019) features an 8.0 MP rear camera and a 2.0 MP front-facing camera that allows users to capture high-quality photos and videos. The tablet also features dual speakers that deliver excellent sound quality, making it ideal for watching movies, listening to music, or playing games.
The tablet supports Bluetooth v4.2, USB 2.0, GPS, Glonass, Beidou, and Galileo, providing users with multiple connectivity options. The tablet is Wi-Fi enabled and supports 802.11 a/b/g/n 2.4+5GHz, and Wi-Fi Direct, which allows users to connect to the internet quickly and easily.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019) also includes Samsung Kids Home, an application designed specifically for children that provides access to a wide range of educational and entertainment content. With its international model status, the tablet does not come with a US warranty and may have slight differences in its specifications when compared to the US model.
In summary, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0" (2019) is a reliable and feature-rich tablet that offers a great mobile computing experience. Its long-lasting battery life, powerful processor, expandable storage, and excellent camera make it a great choice for users looking for an affordable and versatile tablet.
The Lenovo Tab P11 Plus is a sleek and sophisticated tablet designed for users who crave superior performance and high-quality visuals. Boasting a stunning 2K resolution (2000 x 1200) and an 11-inch TDDI IPS display, this Android tablet delivers crystal-clear images and rich, vibrant colors that make everything from streaming video to browsing the web a truly immersive experience.
But the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus isn't just about visuals – it also features Dolby Atmos technology over four speakers, which creates a captivating audio experience that brings your favorite music, movies, and TV shows to life. With its powerful audio and visual capabilities, the Tab P11 Plus is the perfect device for users who demand the very best in entertainment.
Under the hood, the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus is powered by a MediaTek Helio G90T Tab Octa-Core processor with up to 2.05GHz. This powerful processor provides lightning-fast performance, ensuring that you can multitask, browse, and game with ease. And with 4GB of memory and 128GB of storage, you'll have plenty of space to store all your favorite apps, files, and media.
The Lenovo Tab P11 Plus runs on the latest Android 11 operating system, providing a seamless and intuitive user experience. And with up to 15 hours of streaming time on a single battery charge, this tablet is designed to keep up with your busy lifestyle, allowing you to stay connected and productive even when you're on the go.
In addition to its impressive performance and features, the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus is also highly portable and easy to use. It features a slim and lightweight design that makes it easy to carry with you wherever you go, and it connects wirelessly via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, providing seamless connectivity to all your favorite devices and networks.
Overall, the Lenovo Tab P11 Plus is a powerful, versatile, and feature-packed tablet that is perfect for users who demand the very best in performance, visuals, and entertainment. Whether you're streaming your favorite shows, playing games, or staying productive on the go, the Tab P11 Plus is sure to exceed your expectations and provide a truly exceptional user experience.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is a highly functional Android tablet that offers a range of features designed to enhance productivity, creativity, and entertainment. With its included S Pen, users can easily take notes, sketch, and edit photos and videos. The S Pen attaches magnetically to the tablet, ensuring that it's always within reach and ready to use.
The tablet features a slim, lightweight design that makes it easy to take on the go. Available in a range of stylish colors, it's a great option for those who value portability and style. The tablet boasts a 10.4" crystal-clear display that provides a vivid and immersive viewing experience. Dual speakers with sound by AKG provide spacious Dolby Atmos surround sound, making it a great option for music, movies, and games. With discovery powered by Spotify, users can easily set a personal soundtrack to their daily routine.
The tablet's long-lasting battery allows for up to 12 hours of streaming on a single charge, making it ideal for on-the-go productivity and entertainment. The fast-charging USB-C port allows users to quickly recharge the device when needed. The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite also features One UI connectivity, enabling users to sync up multiple devices and double down on their to-do lists. Use it as a hotspot and create share-ready content all at once.
Additionally, the tablet offers a DeX experience, which turns it into an expanded desktop workstation. Users can send multiple windows to the devices of their choice and control them all from the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite like a boss. The DeX experience is available on R OS or above.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is a highly functional and stylish Android tablet that offers a range of features designed to enhance productivity, creativity, and entertainment. With its included S Pen, slim metal design, crystal clear display, dual speakers, long-lasting battery, One UI connectivity, and DeX experience, it's a great option for anyone looking for a powerful and versatile tablet.
The LG G Pad 5 10.1-inch tablet is a sleek and powerful device that delivers impressive performance, stunning visuals, and versatile connectivity options. With its edge-to-edge 1920x1200 HD display, this tablet offers a rich and immersive viewing experience that is perfect for streaming videos, browsing the web, and playing games. The WUXGA display also provides excellent color accuracy and wide viewing angles, making it ideal for creative tasks such as photo editing and graphic design.
The tablet is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 2.34GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Dual Processor, which delivers speedy and efficient performance for multitasking and running demanding apps. The 4GB of RAM and 32GB of storage ensure that you have enough memory and space to store your apps, files, and media. If you need more storage space, you can expand it up to 512GB with a microSD card (sold separately).
The LG G Pad 5 10.1-inch tablet also features an 8MP rear camera with autofocus and a 5MP front camera with auto-shot, which enables you to capture high-quality photos and videos. The one-touch fingerprint sensor allows you to unlock your tablet quickly and securely. The device also features Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity options, and 4G LTE for seamless internet browsing, video streaming, and downloading files on the go.
The tablet runs on Android 9.0 (Pie) OS, which provides a clean and user-friendly interface with access to millions of apps and games on the Google Play Store. The 8,200mAh non-removable battery offers long-lasting battery life, allowing you to stay connected and entertained for hours without worrying about running out of power.
The LG G Pad 5 10.1-inch tablet comes in a stylish black color on the sides and a silver metal finish on the back. The Mazepoly stylus pen included in the authorized bundle is a 2-in-1 microfiber touch screen capacitive pen that allows you to draw, write, and navigate your tablet with ease. The microfiber cleaning cloth in the bundle is also useful for keeping your tablet clean and smudge-free. Overall, the LG G Pad 5 10.1-inch tablet is an excellent choice for those looking for a powerful and feature-packed tablet that is also convenient and easy to use.
Best Tablets for Lecturers
Important Things to Consider When Buying a Tablet
The operating system you want to use
We strongly recommend that you purchase a tablet with the same operating system as your current device, i.e., computer or smartphone. This will allow you to easily synchronize all your devices and avoid file transfer issues. Currently, there are two main operating systems available for major tablet devices.
iOS for Apple products and Android for all other tablets. Both operating systems allow users to download applications from their respective platforms, and both offer reliable browsers. The other OS is Microsoft Windows 10, which is available on some convertible tablets.
This is a very important feature. Teachers are busy and cannot afford to have their devices break down in the middle of the day. They need a device with a long-lasting battery.
It can be a little difficult to determine which device is best for you, because different applications installed on the device consume the tablet's battery in different ways. If you can get up to 8 hours of runtime while browsing the web or watching videos, you know that the battery life of that tablet is excellent; if there is a tablet that lasts as long as a Nokia 3310 phone, you will surely get in line.
Most tablets on the market have about 32GB to 256GB of internal storage, which is the current norm, but it can be expanded by using flash drives or memory cards that can be inserted into the tablet. It is also important to note that they support the expanded use of SD cards so that additional storage can be added when needed.
The importance of having sufficient storage space cannot be stressed enough, as it also determines the capacity of the tablet you intend to purchase. If you are purchasing a tablet that does not offer external storage options, you may want to choose one that offers approximately 128 GB or more. Some applications will consume a lot of storage space and will not have enough space to store other things you need on your tablet.
Display Quality and Screen Size
It is also important to check the display quality of the tablet, and the first thing we can recommend is that the screen is very responsive to touch and offers a high resolution, which is an important factor in how easy it is to read the tablet over time, especially when reading text.
Tablets come in a wide range of sizes, from 7" to 13", so you can look at many options and then choose the size that works best for you. If you want a more compact and lightweight tablet, you may want a smaller one; if you prefer a larger screen, especially for viewing presentations or reading documents, you may want a larger tablet. The final decision is yours and your preferences.
This is more of an additional option that you may get more later. Using a stylus or pen on your tablet device gives you the accuracy, comfort, and ability to take notes. This option is ideal for those who like to take notes the old-fashioned way, with paper and pen.
The pen and stylus are also great for drawing as well as digitally signing documents, so we highly recommend this option for teachers who like to draw and illustrate.
To ensure smooth operation when using a tablet device, you should look for a quad-core processor. You should also look at the RAM specifications of the tablet. It should be at least 2GB so that things run at a steady pace and not lag when using multiple apps while multitasking, which teachers need to do frequently.
However, it would be better to do some research and read reviews to see how it actually works.
A large number of reviews are available on Amazon, so you can check them out as you make your purchase to see if this is really the right tablet for you. In some reviews, Apple gets really good reviews about its own processor, namely the custom A-series chip that it uses exclusively for the iPad.
Of course, you also need to consider the quality of the camera on your tablet device. There are also apps available that allow teachers to scan documents with their smartphone cameras, so they can take important notes and scan documents.
There is really no need to use a scanner from a printer anymore.
Depending on how you use your tablet, look for a tablet that offers multiple connectivity options. The more connections a tablet can have, the better it will perform over time. Connectivity is key to making teachers' busy lives easier and their workflow more productive.
Tablets need to be able to easily connect to multiple devices for user convenience.
Of course, the price of the tablet is also a major factor in determining which tablet is right for you. You need to have a budget in mind when purchasing a tablet; some $200 tablets are already a good value.
However, if you want a larger tablet with higher specs, you may have to add a little more to your budget to get the tablet you want. Some brands, like Apple, offer discounts to faculty. This is especially helpful when it comes to spending a faculty member's hard-earned money on a tablet.
The biggest selling point of tablets is portability.
Tablets are more portable than laptops because of their size and weight. Tablets start at 7" and get larger, while laptops typically start at 12". Although the size difference is significant, both models have the same features needed for work.
Carrying a laptop is like carrying a rock; it is not ideal to carry for long periods of time because of the strain on your back and posture.
If portability is a priority, you should buy your own tablet. Many of the tablets on the market today are very powerful and can perform well on par with a reliable laptop.
A teacher's week is full of meetings, so it is easy to slip it into a tote bag and take it to meetings. For this reason, tablets are more portable than laptops for teachers.
In addition to reading e-books, they are also ideal for watching movies and listening to music, especially for teachers who want to relax and unwind.
Much more affordable than laptops
These days, many brands offer tablets that are more powerful than traditional laptops, and the best part is that they are much more affordable than laptops, even if you are considering a high-end tablet.
Depending on your budget, there are already 7- to 8-inch tablets with great features available for around $200. Larger tablets with additional features and accessories cost $350 to $450, which is still reasonable compared to a standard laptop at $500.
If you do not need a heavy multitasking device for light web browsing or a little Netflix, a tablet can offer the same functionality as a laptop, but lighter and more seamlessly.
They are extremely easy to use and reliable in presentation.
As you know, teachers give a large number of presentations at conferences, lectures, and other events. Teachers love the ease of use of tablet-based presentations.
It is easy to connect the tablet wirelessly and share the presentation on a projection screen in the classroom or conference room, and the tablet can be operated with slight movements while standing, which is quite difficult with a laptop computer.
Another key feature of tablets is that while smartphones have limited screen capacity and require users to zoom in and scroll through text and images, tablets can display images like a desktop computer, yet are highly portable.
Tablets range from mini tablets with 7-inch screens to larger tablets with 12-inch screens for professionals. Either way, tablets have larger screens, making lessons easier and more enjoyable.
Tablets have touch screens like smartphones, but you can also use a stylus, and the larger display area makes it easier to follow the course itself.
Tablet devices have better battery life than smartphones and laptops.
Because tablets are actually larger than a typical smartphone, they typically have a much larger internal battery capacity, shorter charging times, and longer play time.
A fully charged tablet can be used all day long and still have plenty of battery left to watch movies or play mobile games.
Candy Crush is sometimes my stress reliever. Studies have even shown that playing games on smartphones and tablets has many cognitive, social, and health benefits. Hooray for gaming!
Always be connected.
Being able to constantly check your email and receive messages from anyone is very important in this day and age. Being always connected and available to the Internet, especially in an emergency, is the norm nowadays, no matter where you are.
With a tablet device, you can go about your business without having to worry about finding a nearby cafe or library to connect your laptop and use the web. But tablets should be 4G.
But if you don't need to be constantly connected to the Internet, you don't have to worry about that, especially since most tablets have WiFi connectivity. Still, it's a great addition.
No need to wait for power on or warm up.
Have you ever had the experience of turning on your laptop in a hurry because you had something important to do, and suddenly the update started and took about 30 minutes? And then you find yourself sitting and staring at the computer screen, wanting to get it over with as quickly as possible?
Wondering if you should look for a laptop? Check out our selection of laptops for teachers here. It comes with an extensive buying guide.
If you use a tablet, you won't have this problem. Tablets usually turn on in a few seconds and have a "wake-up" feature that brings the screen back from sleep mode in one second once it is powered on.
Lightweight and Mobile
Tablets are lightweight and fun mobile devices. They can be combined with an external keyboard for even more functionality and can easily slip into any backpack. Tablet devices are thin, lightweight, and take up very little space.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
What features should a tablet have for distance learning?
A tablet for distance learning does not require great technical characteristics. A minimum of RAM memory, a good screen with a protective filter to avoid tiring the student's eyes, and a good battery life are sufficient.
The connection for headphones or earphones or a good audio sector is fundamental.
What memory for a tablet for the lectures?
RAM memory is important because it is thanks to her that it is possible to manage multiple applications at the same time, such as watching a movie, the camera and perhaps opening the word processor application (or even a simple notepad).
We recommend at least 3 Gb of RAM for a tablet for lectures
How much does a tablet cost for a tablet for lectures?
A tablet for distance learning can be found on average at affordable prices no more than 200 euros. Then there are the exceptions, such as devices equipped with a stylus for writing: these have a different and higher price of about a hundred euros.
What is Parental Control for a tablet?
A tablet for distance learning, especially if it is intended for use by minors, must have a protection and protection system that prevents children from going freely to unsavory sites or applications.
Which Tablet Is Best For A Teacher?
When choosing a tablet for a teacher, it's important to consider factors such as portability, battery life, processing power, and compatibility with educational apps. Here are some tablets that are well-suited for teachers:
- iPad: The iPad is a popular choice for teachers, as it offers a large selection of educational apps and a user-friendly interface. It also has a long battery life and a powerful processor.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a versatile tablet that offers a large screen, good processing power, and compatibility with the S Pen for note-taking and drawing.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7: The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a powerful 2-in-1 device that can be used as both a tablet and a laptop. It offers a large screen, long battery life, and compatibility with Microsoft Office software.
- Lenovo Tab P11 Pro: The Lenovo Tab P11 Pro offers a high-quality display, good processing power, and compatibility with the Lenovo Precision Pen for note-taking and drawing.
- Amazon Fire HD 10: The Amazon Fire HD 10 is a budget-friendly option that offers good processing power and long battery life. It also offers easy access to educational apps and content through the Amazon Appstore.
Ultimately, the best tablet for a teacher will depend on their individual needs and preferences. It's important to consider factors such as screen size, processing power, and compatibility with educational apps before making a decision.
What Is The Best Tablet For Online Teaching?
When it comes to online teaching, a tablet that is easy to use has a good camera and microphone, and is compatible with popular video conferencing platforms like Zoom and Google Meet is essential. Here are some tablets that are well-suited for online teaching:
- iPad: The iPad is a popular choice for online teaching due to its user-friendly interface, high-quality camera and microphone, and compatibility with popular video conferencing platforms.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7: The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a powerful 2-in-1 device that can be used as both a tablet and a laptop. It offers a high-quality camera and microphone, and compatibility with Microsoft Office and popular video conferencing platforms.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 offers a large screen, good processing power, and a high-quality camera and microphone. It is also compatible with the S Pen for note-taking and drawing during online lessons.
- Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab: The Lenovo Yoga Smart Tab is a versatile tablet that offers a high-quality camera and microphone, a large screen, and compatibility with popular video conferencing platforms.
- Amazon Fire HD 10: The Amazon Fire HD 10 is a budget-friendly option that offers a good camera and microphone, and easy access to video conferencing platforms and educational apps through the Amazon Appstore.
Ultimately, the best tablet for online teaching will depend on the individual needs and preferences of the teacher. Factors such as camera and microphone quality, processing power, and compatibility with video conferencing platforms should be considered when making a decision.
What Is The Best Tablet For Taking Notes In Class?
The best tablet for taking notes in class is one that has a stylus or pen and offers a high-quality handwriting experience. Here are some tablets that are well-suited for note-taking in class:
- iPad Pro: The iPad Pro is a popular choice for note-taking due to its excellent stylus, the Apple Pencil, which provides a smooth and responsive writing experience. The iPad Pro also offers a large and high-resolution screen.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7: The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 offers a good stylus experience with the Surface Pen, which provides a responsive and natural writing experience. The tablet also has a detachable keyboard and a kickstand, making it a versatile device for note-taking and productivity.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 comes with the S Pen, which provides a comfortable and accurate writing experience. The tablet also offers a large and high-quality screen and good processing power.
- Lenovo Yoga Book: The Lenovo Yoga Book is a unique tablet that comes with a virtual keyboard and a stylus, which can be used for note-taking and drawing. The tablet also offers good battery life and a lightweight design.
- Remarkable 2: The Remarkable 2 is a specialized tablet designed specifically for note-taking and drawing. It offers a high-quality writing experience with its stylus and paper-like screen.
Ultimately, the best tablet for note-taking in class will depend on the individual needs and preferences of the student. Factors such as stylus quality, screen size and resolution, processing power, and battery life should be considered when making a decision.
Which Tablet Is Best For University Students?
The best tablet for university students will depend on their needs and preferences, but here are some tablets that are popular among university students:
- iPad Air: The iPad Air offers a good balance of performance and affordability, with a fast processor, high-quality display, and support for the Apple Pencil.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7: The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 is a versatile tablet that can be used as a laptop with the addition of a detachable keyboard. It also comes with the Surface Pen, which offers a good writing and drawing experience.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a high-end tablet with a large and high-quality display, a powerful processor, and support for the S Pen, which provides a good writing experience.
- Lenovo Yoga 9i: The Lenovo Yoga 9i is a premium 2-in-1 tablet that can be used as a laptop with the addition of a detachable keyboard. It offers a high-quality display, fast performance, and long battery life.
- Amazon Fire HD 10: The Amazon Fire HD 10 is an affordable option for students who need a basic tablet for reading, browsing, and taking notes. It offers a good display and long battery life but lacks support for the stylus or pen.
Overall, students should consider factors such as performance, display quality, battery life, and support for accessories like the stylus or keyboard when choosing a tablet for university.
What Is The Best Tablet To Read Academic Papers And Keeping Notes?
The best tablet for reading academic papers and keeping notes will depend on personal preference, but here are some tablets that are popular for this purpose:
- iPad Pro: The iPad Pro offers a high-quality display with Apple's True Tone technology, which automatically adjusts the screen to the lighting in your environment. It also supports the Apple Pencil, which is great for taking notes and annotating papers.
- Microsoft Surface Go 2: The Microsoft Surface Go 2 is a more affordable option with a high-resolution display and support for the Surface Pen. It is also lightweight and portable, making it easy to carry around.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 is a high-end tablet with a large and high-quality display, a powerful processor, and support for the S Pen, which provides a good writing experience.
- Remarkable 2: The Remarkable 2 is a unique tablet that is designed specifically for reading and taking notes. It has an E Ink display that is easy on the eyes and supports the Remarkable Pen, which provides a natural writing experience.
Overall, tablets with high-quality displays and support for styluses or pens are great for reading and taking notes on academic papers. Students should also consider factors such as battery life, storage capacity, and portability when choosing a tablet for this purpose.
Is It Worth Buying An Ipad For University?
Whether or not it is worth buying an iPad for university depends on your personal needs and preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
- Note-taking: iPads offer a range of note-taking apps, such as Notability and GoodNotes, that allow for easy handwriting and organization of notes. The Apple Pencil is also a popular tool for note-taking. If you prefer taking handwritten notes, an iPad may be a good choice.
- Portability: iPads are lightweight and portable, making them easy to carry around campus. If you need to bring your device to class, meetings, or other events, an iPad may be a good option.
- App ecosystem: Apple's App Store offers a wide range of educational apps, including apps for textbooks, study aids, and productivity tools. If you prefer using apps for your coursework, an iPad may be a good choice.
- Budget: iPads can be expensive, and there may be more affordable alternatives that can meet your needs. You should consider your budget and whether an iPad is a worthwhile investment for your academic and personal needs.
Overall, if you value the ability to take handwritten notes and need a lightweight and portable device for your academic work, an iPad may be a good choice. However, you should carefully consider your personal needs and budget before making a decision.
Which Graphic Tablet Is Best For Note-Taking?
When it comes to choosing a graphic tablet for note-taking, there are a few factors to consider such as the size, sensitivity, portability, and compatibility with note-taking apps. Here are a few options that could be suitable for note-taking:
- Apple iPad Pro: This is one of the most popular tablets for note-taking due to its high-resolution display, responsive stylus, and support for note-taking apps such as Notability, GoodNotes, and OneNote.
- Microsoft Surface Pro: This tablet is also a popular choice for note-taking because of its large screen, pressure-sensitive stylus, and compatibility with Microsoft OneNote.
- Wacom One: This is a good option for those who prefer a dedicated graphics tablet rather than a tablet with an integrated screen. It offers a large drawing area, customizable buttons, and compatibility with note-taking apps such as Evernote and Bamboo Paper.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: This tablet has a large screen, supports a pressure-sensitive stylus, and comes with Samsung Notes, which is a great app for taking notes.
Ultimately, the best graphic tablet for note-taking will depend on your personal preferences and needs. It's a good idea to do some research and read reviews before making a decision.
Which Tab Is Best For Students Pakistan?
When it comes to choosing the best tablet for students in Pakistan, there are a few factors to consider such as budget, features, and performance. Here are a few options that could be suitable for students in Pakistan:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7: This is a high-end tablet that offers a large screen, powerful performance, and long battery life. It's a good option for students who need a tablet for studying, taking notes, and multimedia consumption.
- Apple iPad (8th generation): This is a budget-friendly option that offers a powerful processor, support for the Apple Pencil, and a large selection of educational apps. It's a great choice for students who are on a tight budget but still need a reliable tablet for studying.
- Huawei MediaPad M5 Lite: This tablet offers a large screen, long battery life, and support for the M-Pen Lite stylus. It's a good option for students who need a tablet for note-taking and studying.
- Amazon Fire HD 10: This is another budget-friendly option that offers a large screen, long battery life, and access to the Amazon Appstore. It's a good option for students who need a tablet for multimedia consumption and basic tasks.
Ultimately, the best tablet for students in Pakistan will depend on their specific needs and budget. It's important to do some research and read reviews before making a decision.
Is It Worth Buying A Tablet For University?
Whether or not it's worth buying a tablet for university depends on your personal needs and preferences. Here are some factors to consider:
- Portability: Tablets are typically more portable and lightweight than laptops, which can be a benefit if you need to carry your device with you to and from class.
- Note-taking: Tablets can be a great tool for taking notes in class, especially if you use a stylus or pen. Many tablets also offer handwriting recognition software that can convert your written notes into digital text.
- Compatibility: Make sure the tablet you choose is compatible with the software and apps you need for your coursework. Check with your professors or academic department to see if there are any specific requirements or recommendations for devices.
- Price: Tablets can vary in price, so consider your budget when making a decision. Keep in mind that you may also need to purchase additional accessories, such as a keyboard or stylus, which can add to the overall cost.
- Performance: Depending on your coursework, you may need a tablet with a certain level of performance. If you need to run complex software or multitask frequently, a tablet may not be the best option.
In summary, if you prioritize portability and note-taking capabilities, a tablet could be a worthwhile investment for the university. However, it's important to consider your specific needs and budget before making a decision.
Are Tablets Good For University?
Tablets can be good for the university, depending on your specific needs and preferences. Here are some potential benefits and drawbacks to consider:
- Portability: Tablets are typically lightweight and portable, making them easy to carry to and from class.
- Note-taking: Tablets with a stylus or pen can be a great tool for taking handwritten notes in class. Many tablets also offer handwriting recognition software that can convert your written notes into digital text.
- Multimedia capabilities: Tablets are great for multimedia consumption, such as reading ebooks or watching videos.
- Battery life: Tablets generally have longer battery life than laptops, which can be helpful if you need to use your device for extended periods of time without access to a power outlet.
- Compatibility: Not all software or apps may be available on tablets, so make sure the device you choose is compatible with the software you need for your coursework.
- Productivity: While tablets can be great for note-taking and reading, they may not be as efficient as laptops for tasks that require a lot of typing or multitasking.
- Price: Tablets can be expensive, and you may need to purchase additional accessories such as a keyboard or stylus, which can add to the overall cost.
- Limited storage: Many tablets do not offer as much storage as laptops, which can be a drawback if you need to store large files or data.
In summary, tablets can be good for university depending on your specific needs and preferences. Consider the benefits and drawbacks, and make sure the device you choose is compatible with your coursework and budget.
Sometimes what we think we want is not always the best option. Now, more than ever, educators around the world are wondering what works best in the traditional classroom versus the virtual classroom. Knowing that my students can reach out to me and to them is paramount.
Devices that provide access to individual learning are essential to their social and emotional health, and ultimately the most important initiative is to help children learn what they need for life.
Think comprehensively about whether you need a device designed only as a tablet or whether you need a device that can be used as both a tablet and a laptop. Consider the types of projects you want students to do in class and the abilities students have at home that would not fit in the classroom.
These considerations will help you make the best decision for your students and yourself.